Tuesday, September 29, 2020

"DINOSAURS: AN EDUCATIONAL COLORING BOOK" - 1986 Cassette

 

Now here's a cassette that's very dear to my heart. When I was a little one, I was absolutely obsessed with dinosaurs. I had more books, tapes, toys, etc based around these creatures than you could possibly imagine. They fascinated me to no end, and that fascination continues today.

I'm honestly surprised this cassette survived considering how often I'd listen to it. This cassette is a companion piece to the Spizzirri Publishing book "An Educational Coloring Book of Dinosaurs" (which can still be purchased directly from Spizzirri today!).

Charles Fuller's calm and collected narration is a stark contrast to the dynamic stock 1940's/50's background music, and it creates a weirdly scary-yet-comfortable feeling as you listen to Mr. Fuller describe some of the more well-known dinosaurs that roamed the Earth millions of years ago.

Technically, this isn't fully OOP. The cassette format is long-gone, but Spizzirri is actually selling this book (albeit with a new cover) along with a CD with what I assume is the same narration. So if you enjoy this cassette rip, please head on over to their shop and purchase the updated set.

Take a trip back in time and hear all about some fantastic prehistoric beasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment