Monday, September 14, 2020

A NEW BEGINNING

Hello folks! My name is Neil, and for the past 30-odd years of my life I've been collecting anything and everything you can think of - comics, games, cards, toys, records, cassettes, you name it. For the past 19 years, I've been buying and selling these types of vintage and/or nostalgic goodies on eBay.

Two years ago, I decided to take my hobby full-time and change my eBay account from a personal one to a business. I chose the name THE RANDOM SANCTUM because, well, it seemed to fit my personality; I'm all about finding random collectibles, and whenever I'm feeling down, thrifting and collecting comforts me.

In the past I've attempted to create a Blog, but I always found myself trying to keep them too linear. My blogs, YouTube channels, and other social media were always fixated on one aspect of my interests and hobbies.

I hope that with this Blog, I can change that.

Aside from my collecting hobbies, I've always had a soft spot for archiving some of those items - mainly out-of-print (OOP) media - and preserving them. From children's record rips, to long-lost trailers, to extracted video game soundtracks, I've obtained a sizable collection of nostalgic goodness, and have already taken the liberty of adding them to sites such as SoundCloud.

With this Blog, I hope to be able to archive and share every bit of my collection as I can.

This Blog will become the epicenter of all of my collecting ventures: I'll share my latest eBay and Mercari listings, link audio and video goodies, and share pictures and insight into all kinds of... well, random stuff!

While this feels like Attempt number 69 at getting a social media presence "right", maybe this time, it'll stick.

I hope you'll come along with me! 😎

   --- Neil

2 comments:

  1. There is no wrong way to do a blog, Neil. Just make it as comfortable to you as you can so coming back to it isn't a chore. Good shit, and look forward to your insights.

    ReplyDelete