Friday, December 4, 2020

"FRIENDLY THE SNOWMAN" 1977 /1981 Peter Pan Read-Along Record

In honor of this festive season, every Friday this month I'll be sharing something related to Christmas! I'm starting off with one of my favorite Holiday records, 1977's "Friendly The Snowman", released by Peter Pan Records (and re-released in 1981).

My childhood copy was in absolutely horrible condition, and over the years it seems nobody anywhere has been able to digitize a copy that didn't sound like it was horribly scratched or covered in Vaseline. So I decided to bite the bullet and purchase a factory-sealed copy to digitize... and what resulted from this endeavor is the cleanest rip of this story ever to hit the Internet!

This charming little story is about a little boy named Michael who can't quite get the hang of ice skating, feels embarrassed to be around his brothers, and decides to build a snowman... and, yep, you guessed it, he comes to life and helps Michael overcome his fears of failure. It's simple, but it's sweet, and it's a very enjoyable tale.

The only gripe I had with this record growing up was something that ended up being a staple of Peter Pan Read-Alongs around this time period: extremely long pauses between pages. I mean exceptionally long. It almost felt like you could go to the bathroom after hearing the "turn the page" tone. So to help those who may have shared my pain, I'm including a "shortened" version of this record alongside the traditional rip, where I cut down the pauses between pages. It actually removed a solid 30+ seconds from the final MP3!

So without further ado, to kick off the Christmas season, here's "Friendly The Snowman"! Enjoy!

YouTube

Internet Archive

Soundcloud

DOWNLOAD 1

DOWNLOAD 2

320kbps CBR

No comments:

Post a Comment