Monday, December 13, 2021

"THE OWL THAT DIDN'T GIVE A HOOT" - 1970's Peter Pan Read-Along Record

Here's yet another Read-Along Record that I simply can't find any info about: "The Owl That Didn't Give A Hoot", released via Peter Pan Records.

This thing is so obscure that I can't even figure out what year it was released in. The UPC on the back was used multiple times by Peter Pan for various Read-Alongs, all released between 1971 and 1977, so I'm going to assume this is a 1970's release.

Written and Produced by Arthur Korb, this record tells the story of an Owl having trouble finding his "hoot". Korb was pretty active at Peter Pan, producing numerous albums and writing loads of songs, as well as crafting tunes for albums under the Power Records label. Having such a busy career, again I'm really surprised I can't find concrete info about "Owl".

I chalk this up as yet another forgotten record from the height of Peter Pan's popularity. Again, many Thanks to Under Design for helping me archive this rare story!

DOWNLOAD 1

DOWNLOAD 2

Internet Archive

YouTube

192kbps CBR


No comments:

Post a Comment