Saturday, April 3, 2021

SLABBED SATURDAY - Cards Get Slabbed, Too!

"Slabbed Saturday" isn't just for comic books; many other collectibles are encapsulated for preservation, including video games and trading cards!

Case in point: this past week some of my "Magic: The Gathering" and "Pokemon" CGC submissions came back, and I'm VERY happy with the results!

The crown jewel is a Lotus... a "Jeweled Lotus"! I pulled it from a "Commander Legends" Collector Pack that I bought at 2nd and Charles, and immediately sleeved it and set it aside for grading. Good thing I did; pack-fresh, unpressed, and it returned a Gem Mint NINE POINT FIVE! It **may** make its way to the Sanctum's eBay store; I'm still on the fence about it, lol.

"Gaea's Cradle" is one of my favorite cards from MTG. I regrettably sold my "Urza's Saga" copy for around $120 well over five years ago, and regret it immensely. Now, that print of the card is kinda out of my price range... so I'm scooping up the next-best thing, the gold-bordered "Championship Deck" editions! I had two of them come back as Near Mint 8s, and I'm super happy to have them. Absolutely NOT for sale.

My copies of  Pokemon's "Mallow" (Mint 9) and "Olivia" (Near Mint + 8.5) aren't pictured here because they quite literally sold as soon as I announced I had them!

The box of "Time Spiral Remastered" is an added bonus in this pic; my local game shop managed to get a few booster boxes of this elusive, hot set... and I was able to grab my copy for only $150! It's staying sealed. If you find any boxes under $200, I would highly suggest grabbing them.

If you have any already-valuable cards in what you believe to be Mint condition, it may be worth your while to submit them to CGC, PSA, or Beckett and have them slabbed... it may pay off big in the future!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment